Thursday, November 24, 2011

i'm gonna rock you like a baby when the cities fall

Happy Thanksgiving, loved ones and cyberstalkers! Although if you've been reading faithfully for years and have not yet showed up to my house with a big bottle of lotion and a carving knife, then I consider you a loved one at this point.

sssanyway, I had a lovely day; I was quite lazy this morning, getting up late and eating one of my high-falutin' almond milk and whey protein smoothies while hanging out in the kitchen with my mother and watching a bit of "The Young and the Restless" (which surely won't survive much longer, given the demise of so many other soaps). I eventually came downstairs and showered/made myself up, just in time to have Thanksgiving dinner (aka lunch) with my parents, [censored], sister, brother-in-law, nieces x2, nephew, grand-niece, and grandma. Dinner was delicious -- my mom made turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, layered lettuce, and some stuffing that I thought was quite awesome. My sister made gluten free rolls for me, which was a v. nice gesture that was utterly lost when I proceeded to load up on stuffing and green bean casserole and pumpkin pie in a blatant attempt to pretend that I had no problems with gluten. And then my stomach hurt and I had a headache the rest of the day, so I think my gluten allergy may be the real deal.

Or maybe children give me a headache, which is a possibility that I'm not willing to test again for awhile. But my nieces and nephew are old enough to have conversations with (19, 17, and 15 are old, right?), and my grand-niece is adorable (and can sing bit of Selena Gomez's "I Love You Like a Love Song", which was hysterical), so that was all fine. Anyway, it was good to see the family, and they eventually left around 4:30 for other, more interesting pursuits. I took a nap in the living room, then helped my mother with the dishes, then had a snacky snack while watching "Big Bang Theory" with [censored]. I categorically refused to watch "Doctor Who" with him tonight because I needed a break from noise (which made my mother observe that I'm turning into her, and [censored] attempted to get me to rebel against my inevitable decline into old age by watching tv, which was an odd rebellion that I refused to participate in). So I've spent the last few hours hiding in my room, which has been less than delightful, mostly because my head hurt too much to do more than write a few paragraphs of the scene I'm currently working on.

But that's okay -- my headache should improve by morning, hopefully, and so I'm going to go to sleep and set my alarm so that I can get up and write. Tomorrow needs to involve less gluten and more writing -- wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: