Friday, February 03, 2012

make me come alive, come on and turn me on

There's no point in talking about Malcolm and Amelia - they're not done, which is all that matters, and so what if I want to kill both of them? Beyond that, today was fine. I took care of a variety of other things beyond them, and I went for a walk along the water, and I had a delicious Blue Bottle latte at the cafe I found in Fort Mason last week, and I eked out a few words, so it's all good. I'm just getting distracted by promo stuff, from the guest blogs I'm writing to the pressing need to design and/or order printed promo materials, etc. And I'm still slightly distracted by Heiress's rankings, although since they've held remarkably steady (#117 on the bn.com site / #3 in Regency / #8 in Historical right now), I'm getting slightly less obsessed.

Anyway, I threw in the towel tonight to have dinner with Tom and Rat at Flybar, which was really quite delicious, and it was great to see them. I also successfully limited myself to one glass of wine -- I know, I'm so classy and restrained. Then I got home, messed around with possible bookmark options, and finally threw in the towel and contacted the woman who designed my book covers to see what her turnaround times are like right now so that I can possibly hire her to design the stuff. Terry got home sometime after that, so we talked for awhile, and then I came upstairs and investigated stationery/address stamps until now (partially because I love stationery, obvi, but partially since I'll be sending out book giveaways/more correspondence in the coming months and want to look professional).

But all of that, even though it's all necessary, is ultimately procrastination from Malcolm and Amelia, which needs to stop -- so I'm training tomorrow, seeing my CPA, and then holing up at Stanford library until it closes. If I don't get twenty pages tomorrow, shoot me. Goodnight!

No comments: