Thursday, November 05, 2015

slow down my beating heart

Today went pretty much according to plan, and I'm pretty much out of words as a result. I had breakfast (included, and rather delicious for an included breakfast) at my hotel, and lingered over my coffee before walking down the street and ensconcing myself in a coffeeshop to write for awhile. I did that for three hours or so over two servings of earl grey tea. Then, I had lunch, where I scribbled some more. And then, since I had written so much, I was suddenly deathly tired despite having slept pretty well last night, so I came back to my room and took a v. restorative twenty-minute nap.

But I roused myself and walked down to the ocean, mostly so I could say I saw the ocean on this trip. After looking at the ocean for five minutes or so, I walked back into town and went to a different coffeeshop, where I wrote for another hour. Then I windowshopped for a bit, returned to my room, changed, and went out in search of dinner. The place I wanted to go had a thirty-minute wait, so I grabbed a glass of wine across the street and scribbled some more, and then had dinner (a v. tasty gluten-free pizza) while continuing to scribble. By that point, I was totally done trying to produce words, so I came back to the room, curled up in bed, and read for the last couple of hours.

Basically, today was great if you're a hermity writer, which I am. I came up with lots of great ideas for lots of stories, and while I didn't write much on any single one of them, I gave myself a lot to ponder and work with, which was the whole point. And now I need to sleep so that I can get up and go back to the evil city, where I shall resume my usual life. Goodnight!

No comments: