Monday, August 08, 2016

i need you in my house 'cause you're my home

I followed through with last night's pronouncement and did almost nothing today - possibly almost too much nothing, since I didn't leave the apartment at all (even to get coffee, which I had planned to do), but it was probably what I needed. I did very little in the morning, beyond cleaning up some stuff in the kitchen. And then I spent the early afternoon watching Olympics coverage - I streamed the women's gymnastics qualifiers (not all of it - just the rotation that the US was in), and I enjoyed watching the whole qualifier without interruptions as happens in prime time.

At some point I took a break to talk to my parents, as always. Then I took a nap, because my day had been so strenuous. Then I messed around in my planner/journal and figured out what I need to get done this week (answer: write before the wedding). I eventually made supper - my stomach is still a little sensitive, so I didn't want anything with acid or other irritants, and I also didn't want to leave the house to buy groceries, so I ended up making chicken alfredo (with gluten free spaghetti) because a creamy cheesy sauce sounded good (albeit not healthy). The recipe was really simple and turned out deliciously, and now I have leftovers to eat while carb-loading for the intense activity that is watching the Olympics.

After I ate, I turned on prime time coverage and watched swimming while answering a whole slew of emails that I'd neglected over the past few days. But now it's later than I intended, and I should sleep - tomorrow commences more social activities, and I also need to write before any of that happens, so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: