Thursday, August 04, 2016

she's got a boyfriend anyway

Today went entirely off-plan. I spent the morning taking care of legitimate stuff, for the most part, and also making tomato soup for lunch. The soup was tasty, but it was perhaps the wrong choice - as soon as I ate it, my stomach flared up and I had to lie down and curl up and nap (or think about napping) for a couple of hours. This was an unwelcome situation, since I have so much to do - and also, I got a little worried that my stomach seemed to be getting worse instead of better.

So I took a shower, and then I went to urgent care. This was mostly useless - they basically told me to take some tums and try again later. And by that I mean that they thought it was general stomach irritation, but to come back if I'm not better in a few days.

So after that, I came home. And I had to cancel on dinner with Jen - we were supposed to try a new place in Japantown and I was excited to see her and eat delicious food, but I decided to prioritize resting instead. And you can tell that I'm sick, because I binge-watched six episodes of Leverage rather than doing anything truly productive. However, I did shred enough stuff to fill two grocery sacks with shreddings (basically, everything that has come in over the last year that I should have shredded and instead have thrown into an increasingly-unsightly pile in my closet), which was a task I've clearly been putting off forever, so that's good.

Anyway, that's all I've got to report - I need to get stuff done tomorrow, so going to sleep now would probably be a good idea. And my stomach doesn't hurt as badly as it did - it basically only hurts when I eat, so maybe not eating would be a good idea? We'll see - but for now, it's bedtime. Goodnight!

No comments: