Friday, August 19, 2016

sorry i'm not home right now, i'm walking into spiderwebs

I was highly productive today - expect my posts to be boring for a couple of weeks, for the most part, since I'm sinking into a productivity phase in an attempt to recover from the month of fun. That doesn't mean everything's going to be dull, since I do have some social activities coming up...but for the most part, they won't involve half a bottle of bourbon and a bunch of bad decisions. #sorrynotsorry

So anyway, I got up today and took care of tings around the house and worked for a couple of hours from the comfort of my couch. Then I ate lunch and drove to San Bruno, where I met up with Barbara and Deborah for another writing date. We met early but talked longer than we should have; we're all in the early phases of books and no one seemed all that excited to work on their stuff, but eventually we buckled down and I got a couple of solid hours of work done. I'm still not writing - I was researching the industrial revolution for most of today, and I found a couple of books that I want to read to go more in-depth on some stuff. But at this point, I'm getting close to the point where I just need to get started and trust that it will all work out in the end...even though it's hard to trust that, for some reason, despite the fact that I've now pulled it off six times and will undoubtedly pull it off again.

By 4:30 or so I was done, so I parted ways with Barbara (Deb had left earlier), ran a couple of errands around there since they were easier to do in the south bay than the city, and came home. Once I got here, I ate some leftover Indian takeout and spent the rest of the night holed up on my couch watching Olympics and doing some intensive meal-planning - I want to eat more cleanly for the next couple of months (read: less alcohol, no sugar, cut back on all the weird grains that I eat in an attempt to make up for my gluten loss), but that requires stocking up on totally different things and perhaps trying some new recipes (which should be fun, since I like cooking). So I made a list of things that I need, and I intend to go to the grocery store at a point tomorrow where traffic + parking aren't bad (which is a miraculous, rarely-discovered combo) - normally I walk to the store, but this trip is too intensive for that.

But now I'm desperate for sleep, and I need to write for a few hours tomorrow before I get distracted by food + homemaking like I've been for the past few days...goodnight!

No comments: