Monday, August 15, 2016

more than diamonds more than gold

Today was all about recovery mode - I'm still tapped out from the weekend, and I'm going to force myself to go to bed as soon as I finish this so that I can aim for eight hours of sleep before the sun comes up (and hopefully a couple more hours after that). I didn't get moving very effectively this morning, but I eventually showered, made myself some tea, and drove to the Dogpatch to return the audio equipment from Ritu's wedding (success). Then I decided to go to the Marina and have lunch at Tony's, since I hadn't seen him in a couple of months - but unfortunately the most annoying woman ever sat at the bar a few minutes after I did, and she got on my very last nerve. Usually I can humor strangers (especially odd strangers like this one, who showed me the pictures that she carries around of Amma, an Indian guru-type figure who occasionally has events in San Ramon, and said it's the only reason she wasn't harmed by some homeless guy last night), but I was really not in the mood today.

So I scarfed down my huevos rancheros and said goodbye to Tony, and then went to the post office to mail Ritu and Bill's marriage license (success - they're stuck with each other now!). Then I came home to drop stuff off, and I took a twenty-minute nap that turned into a two-hour nap instead. But I finally rallied and went to Philz, where I worked for a couple of hours - no writing, but I spent some quality time figuring out my to-do list and checking in on what I want to get done the rest of the month, so I'm feeling better about all of that.

Then I came home, made supper, and watched more Olympics - I got through the rest of the swimming coverage, so I'm done with all of that. I want to catch up on gymnastics tomorrow - I still, miraculously, have not gotten spoiled on anything in the last three days (except the men's 100m dash, because I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday when it happened and she said who won - thanks Mom!), so I've been staying off Twitter and Facebook, which has actually been a really nice break from the news and social media.

But that's all for tomorrow - and more importantly, I need to start actually working again, so I have a writing date tomorrow, as well as a whole list of stuff to accomplish. And that means sleep is critical - goodnight!

No comments: