Monday, April 03, 2017

happiness is a warm gun

I need to get up in approximately six hours, so this will be brief. I spent the morning doing less than intended, and then I ran an errand - I had to return a dress that I'd bought v. ill-advisedly, and I also had to pick up some notebooks that I'd ordered from an art supply store. These errands were a fifteen minute walk from each other, but the walk between them was delightful - I popped into the basement of St Martin-in-the-Field, which is a church that was rebuilt in the 1700s but had originally been on that site since at least medieval times. They've turned their crypt into a cafe, and I'm not sure how I feel about that - it was a little disconcerting to see metal cafe chairs scraping against the tombstones laid into the floor. But time marches ever onward, and at least the church is still continuing to do its homeless outreach and other community activities thanks to the proceeds from the cafe, so c'est la vie.

Then I picked up the notebooks (limited edition Leuchtturm1917s, which are the dot grid notebooks I use for my bullet journals - these were the same price as the standard ones, but the covers are a limited edition metallic, and yes, I'm a dork). Then I stopped at a Starbucks that was way too fancy (table service!), and got their nitro cold brew, but they apparently don't put ice in their cold brew and my American desire for ice said that was a real disappointment.

Then I came back to Roam, wrote for an hour, ate a snack, and then recorded a podcast with a romance blogger (she's kind of a big deal, but not to any of you, unless you secretly read Smart Bitches) - she wanted to interview me about my nomad life thanks to my instagram, and I of course said yes, and the podcast was fun (I'll post a link when it's out). Then I vegged for a couple of hours and ate dinner. And then I wrote for another couple of hours, which was great, before succumbing to the lure of all the people downstairs. The goodbyes are starting in earnest, especially since I'm gone for three of my last five nights here...

...and speaking of, this wasn't brief at all, and now I need to go to bed. I'm looking forward to productivity in York, and you should expect that I will have very little coherence for blog posts. Goodnight!

No comments: