My sleep schedule is v off - yesterday I got up really early to finish packing and working, and so I was already tired by the time I had to drive to the airport. Unfortunately my Denver->SF flight was delayed a couple of hours (as expected given Denver's weather + SF's runway construction), and so I didn't get to my hotel until midnight (2am in Iowa, if you're keeping track). This really wrecked me for today, unfortunately.
However, luckily I hadn't made any hard plans - I did have to get up in time for a mani/pedi at 11, but that wasn't that onerous. Then I walked to Fillmore and browsed some shops, with some success (but not too much). And I had a late lunch at Little Shucker, which I always enjoy - oysters and rosé and fries are better when shared, but they're pretty delicious solo too.
Then I came back to my hotel and took a long nap, which may wreck tonight, but it felt necessary. Then I got a late iced latte to perk up again (also may wreck tonight, tbd). And then I wrote / worked in the lobby bar for many hours - I also ordered takeout from Little Chihuahua to eat while I worked, and it was pretty tasty.
And now I need to go to bed so that I can emerge from my hobbit nature tomorrow and take a nap - goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment