Thursday, July 23, 2026

neon pills

No blog tonight - I accidentally stayed up until after midnight last night, and then got up at seven (after fitful slumber), so I'm v tired. But I did a bunch of work pretty early in the morning, and then I took a quick shower and headed to Des Moines, where I did another couple of hours of work at a Starbucks before grabbing lunch to go. My main destination was getting my hair done, which was a nice way to spend a couple of hours playing hooky from work. Then I picked up a couple of things at the spice store next to my hair salon, went to Home Depot to get a couple of things first [censored], and then drove home.

When I got here, I did a bit of sorting and packing, and then I took a break to make sweet corn and hamburgers for me and [censored]. I had picked up corn in Indianola even though I won't be here to eat all of it - and it was worth taking the time to make tonight, even though I really should have been packing instead.

So I ate supper and cleaned up the kitchen. I had planned to pack tonight, but I'm so tired that I'm going to go to bed at 10pm instead. I'll just get up early tomorrow and hope that I have enough time to pack and take care of my various gardening activities before all my usual meetings. Goodnight!

No comments: