Monday, November 28, 2005

the stained-glass curtain you're hiding behind never lets in the sun

I sorta accomplished stuff today--I didn't roll out of bed until almost noon, but I did significantly rearrange things in my room. Unfortunately, 'rearranging' isn't as much progress as one could make, but it is some progress, and I feel good about that. In my defense, Terry rug-doctored the carpet in the living room and hallway this morning, and so it was too wet to allow for dragging of my stuff to and from the storage room. I'm supre-excited about the clean carpet, and it will hopefully motivate me to accomplish grand things in the coming weeks.

I spent the afternoon sorting, throwing things away, and restacking boxes; then, Terry and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate & Barrel, and The Container Store. I have decided that I hate Bed Bath & Beyond--they never have anything that I really like, and their stuff is overpriced. I was looking for a bedskirt to match my red velvet comforter, but the five minutes it took to find parking outside the store were all in vain. The stop at Crate & Barrel was lovely, as always, although I successfully refrained from buying anything. The Container Store was also overpriced, but I found some sturdy plastic drawers that will serve me well until I figure out what my long-term living arrangements will be--pending decisions, I may buy a real live (or rather, dead) dresser, but plastic will suffice for now.

After this v. homemaking shopping trip, I organized some more, and then Claudius, Terry, Terry's brother, and I went out for dinner. When we got back, we ended up watching the first half of 'The Two Towers'--I'm such a dork, but I still think there is no one hotter than Aragorn, even if he is a fictional character. We'll have to watch the second half soon, since we didn't get to see the awesome Helm's Deep sequence. Sweet dreams, everyone!

No comments: