Wednesday, November 09, 2005

victory is ours once we strike the source

I worked from home today because I had a doctor's appointment in Menlo Park in the afternoon, and so it didn't really make sense to go all the way to work, come back for the appointment, and then drive back to work again. There's nothing like working from home to make one feel rather unproductive, and so I'm excited about going into the office tomorrow (and that's not even meant to be as facetious as it sounds!). Later, I met Vidya for some weird fun--we went to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose. It has the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts on the West Coast (and I think anywhere outside of Egypt or the British Museum), which is really strange since it's in the middle of nowhere in San Jose, which is a city that is not known for its culture. After, we had dinner at an Italian place that we found on The Alameda--the food was v. tasty, and encouraged me to share all of my secrets with Vidya. Not that I *have* secrets, mind you, but since I normally prefer avoid all serious discussions entirely, the food must have had a potent effect on me.

Since I worked from home and the only people I saw were my doctor, the doctor's receptionist, and Vidya, I have nothing exciting to share. The only thing I will say is that the Egyptians totally rocked, and I remain as much of a dork about them as I was in elementary school. I even remembered that the soul was called the 'ka', which is a rather useless piece of trivia, and so I found the museum quite exciting. On that note, it's time for bed!

No comments: