Sunday, November 06, 2005

paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get me--just say you never met me

I apologize for not writing over the past two days; I've been forcing myself to stay awake all day in an effort to clear the last remnants of jetlag, and that means that I've been ready to fall asleep v. early. At least, that's my excuse for Thursday--I was at work the entire day, then had a v. enjoyable dinner with Julie, then watched a little TV before crashing around ten. Julie and I ate in FloMo, which was a bit bizarre--since I graduated two and a half years ago, I shouldn't ever be stepping foot into a Stanford dining hall, but I find myself being lured back with alarming frequency. They had just the same weird 'Chinese' food, french fries, and strangely-addicting tapioca pudding, so I was quite satisfied. I also love hanging out with Julie, so all in all it was a fun night.

Yesterday, I had dinner at a taqueria in Redwood City with Claude, Zach, Terry, Sri, and Adit. It was great to see Sri and Zach, and I was maliciously pleased that, in my attempts to make last-minute plans on a Friday night, six of the seven people I invited were able to come, which means that they were just as lame as I was. Around 10:30, I went over to Shedletsky's because I had been suckered into playing mafia; Doug is using a large pool of his former freshmen to serve as warm-body replacements for all the people who have been driven away by the drama that is rampant in the mafia group, and so we had much larger games than I had gotten used to. Despite the fact that I pretend to be appalled about playing mafia, I had a fun time--it's not something that I'm as into as I used to be, but I still enjoy it. Patrick also showed up, which was completely unexpected and v. nice.

Today, I woke up at noon, watched some stuff on the Food Network, ate lunch, and watched three episodes of 'Lost'--I only have three episodes left in the first season! Then I spent awhile primping for Shedletksy/Tammy/Claudia's 'surprise #2'. I was expecting dinner at someplace other than Lucky Dhaba (home of the last disastrous surprise)--and it exceeded expectations by being a surprise party for me in Shedletsky's apartment, replete with steak, Hypnotic, and Hostess cupcakes (that were strangely purple because of a tie-in with 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'). I just got back, and I'm going to sleep because I'm too tired to go out with Claudia and Tammy again.

I wish that I had more exciting events to report, but I'm currently fresh out of stories and I'm practically falling asleep on my keyboard. Perhaps you'll get more out of me tomorrow--until then, goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paranoia hell! They cut off my legs!

~Wamp said...

But if you're bored then you're boring...

Anonymous said...

to the wamp:
That is such a you thing to say. YOu crack me up

Sara, so glad you are getting the rest you deserve and need. hugs!