Wednesday, November 30, 2005

so much death

Claudia and I watched the second half of 'The Two Towers' tonight; we were driven to this fate after channel surfing between 'Friends', 'Sex and the City', and 'To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar'. This isn't a bad fate to be driven to, and we probably should have succumbed to it earlier so that we could have started watching 'Return of the King'--after finished 'The Two Towers', it's hard to stop watching and go to bed instead.

I spent the afternoon on Stanford campus, which was v. strange. My former thesis advisor invited me to chat with her freshman seminar about undergraduate research opportunities and my honors thesis--for those of you who saw me sitting in the Loro dining hall for days at a time, unwashed, half-insane, and surrounded by books about Hitler, you may never have guessed that I would still be asked to discuss the thesis nearly three years later. I win! Anyway, my prof wasn't able to castigate me nearly as harshly as she usually does for not being in grad school, since I just got back from India and had an amazing experience that resulted directly from my corporate whoredom. She will no doubt harangue me when we have lunch in January, but for now I can breathe easy.

It was weird to be on campus again; after class, I walked with her towards the bookstore, where we parted ways since she had to run to a meeting. I strolled around the bookstore for awhile (why are they remodeling it *again*? it seems like all they do all the time is rebuild the area around the checkout counters). Then, since I was starving because I didn't have time for lunch, I went to Fratelli Deli in Palo Alto--it is one tasty place. By that point it was useless to go back to the office since I live v. close to campus, so I came home, took a nap, assisted Claudius as she prepared spaghetti and meatballs, and then watched TV. All in all, a v. nice day--let's hope tomorrow is similarly entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg sara you know insane you sound hitler of all people why???? 23 dyas till u come see us again im counting well actually its only 3 weeks cuz 2days the 1st but im so flippin HAPPY