Wednesday, November 23, 2005

storms are brewing in your eyes

I was v. lazy today, as one should be on vacation. I woke up around 9:30 so that I could participate in a conference call that I didn't want to miss, and then I spent the rest of the day hanging out, watching podcasts with my brother, inspecting the surrounding countryside with my father, and running errands with my brother. 'Inspecting the surrounding countryside' involved spending half an hour in my father's truck watching a backhoe trying to pull a bulldozer out of a ditch; one of his employees was working on the dam for my aunt's pond, and he embedded the bulldozer in the creek. The ride out to view this was rather bumpy since we had to drive straight across a field to get to the dam, but luckily my father has a pickup rather than a Pontiac Sunfire and so it was more than manageable. He also drove me through town to show me a house that my aunt purchased, and he showed me the work that they've done to fix up the old house that his non-profit moved to the round barn site. Yes, the round barn still exists, and yes, they continue to haul more buildings to the site. The house is really cool, though; it's replete with a tower, porches, and a great interior layout, and now it has the bonus addition of modern bathrooms in the new basement. Yay.

I had intended to write a post that was either highly amusingo or intensely philosophical, but it's hard to do either one whilst falling asleep on the couch. We'll see what tomorrow brings in terms of my blogging, and whether the tryptophan found in cooked turkies is strong enough to put me out of commission entirely.

No comments: