Friday, November 09, 2007

i'm coming up on infrared

The last couple of days have been hideously busy - both yesterday and today, my calendar was completely blocked with meetings, and last night I stayed up until after two a.m. writing performance reviews for my team. This was particularly unwelcome since I had to be at the office by eight a.m. for a meeting that I did not really want to attend. But, I did manage to leave the office before six tonight and go out for dinner with Terry, before coming home and completely vegging out for the past four hours in front of the tv. With Tivo, I have control over my television destiny - and there are some great shows on right now. Too bad the writers' strike will put an end to that!

The favorite thing of all that I watched was Monday's episode of 'Chuck', the show on NBC featuring a cute geek turned government operative due to the national secrets lodged in his head. Part of the backline of the series is that Chuck was kicked out of Stanford for cheating, which he didn't do. In this episode, he returned to Stanford to find a secret hidden by a professor in the Stanford library. The geography of the Stanford campus is nothing like what was portrayed in the show, but it was kind of fun to imagine that the CIA was recruiting spies out of regular Stanford classes. Particularly since apparently Chuck would have been in my class, given the dates shown on the flashbacks. Sigh. I don't know if my life would be better if I was in the CIA, but it would certainly be more interesting.

I also caught up on past episodes of 'Scrubs', '30 Rock', and 'The Office', so I've cleared out what I typically Tivo on NBC. I need to watch 'Pushing Daisies' and 'Boston Legal' next, as well as the vampire show on CBS, but those will have to wait for another time. Right now, I'm exhausted and going to go to bed, where I will hopefully sleep for at least ten hours. Goodnight!

No comments: