Friday, November 16, 2007

heart shaped box

Work continues unabated - I was there at 8am prepping for an 8:30 meeting, then I had meetings all morning, and then I had to present two different announcements at my department's all-hands meeting. I also had a one-on-one with my director, plus the woman who is taking over much of my responsibility, which was as intense and interesting as usual, and of course resulted in half a dozen tasks for me to complete. After work, I had dinner with Terry, and then came home, where I worked from 9pm until now. I had intended to set a deadline of going to bed at 11pm regardless of the amount I got done, but it just didn't happen. It doesn't matter, though - I can sleep for seven hours, which is a new record compared to the other nights this week.

I made a tactical error, though - I sent an email to my 80+ closest friends at work, saying that I was taking a leave of absence to write a romance novel. Given that my 80+ closest friends include people who are either based in other offices around the world, or people who are as addicted to work as I am, I've already gotten five responses and three IM conversations as a result, so I'm going to go to bed or else I'll be here for awhile. However, my former director in Hyderabad offered to pay me 500 rupees to make him the cover model, and while 500 rupees is around ten dollars, that's a lot of money for a starving writer. So, I may have to take him up on it. But for now, it's time for bed!

1 comment:

j.hughes said...

Oh, and by the way, I was browsing around your blog and noticed you posted a poem by one of my favorite poets: T.S. Eliot. Good taste :).