Friday, November 30, 2007

hellabad

I have arrived in India, the place that haunts my dreams. It is much
as I remembered it...as we drove back to the apartments, the streets
were quiet, and everything was muted by a haze of smog and dust, but
it also felt like I hadn't left. We were picked up by Jaffer, who was
one of the main drivers when I was here, and it contributed to the
feeling that this is a homecoming of sorts.

However, I am not very efficient typing this on my crackberry, and it
is almost five am here...one girl we were traveling with lost her
luggage, so the ridiculously long ordeal to wait for bags took even
longer, and it was almost two hours after we landed before we finally
left the airport. So, it's time for bed!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

On a completely different note, I saw a movie with sean bean before he found his character niche as a sword wielding villain. In caravaggio, a bizarre david lynchesque fabricated biography about the painter, sean bean plays his bisexual lover.