Thursday, November 01, 2007

jubilation, she loves me again

I had quite a lovely Halloween, at least at work - at my company, dressing up for Halloween is practically mandatory, which means that most people don't get much done because they're too busy either admiring others' costumes or adjusting their own. I was somewhat productive today, but since most of my manager-type meetings occur on Wednesdays, it was particularly entertaining to see all sorts of managers in ridiculous outfits. I followed through on my Halloween costume plans - I was Toucan Sam, since my team dressed as cereal characters. It turned out well, if I do say so myself - I had bird feet slippers, canary yellow tights, a blue sweater dress, an absurd blue and green feather boa, and my homemade papier-mache toucan beak. I was able to affix it to my face by tying it carefully around my head with ribbons, but since most of the weight of the mask was supported by the bridge of my nose, and since there wasn't sufficient air circulation to ensure a steady supply of cool, fresh air, I only wore the beak while walking around, or when first entering a meeting. This meant that people who saw me for the first time got the full impact in all its glory, but I could still contribute to the discussions in the meetings without sounding muffled/passing out from lack of oxygen. This was definitely the best Halloween costume I've pulled together in years, so I was pretty pleased.

However, I stayed at work really late getting stuff done, and so did not partake in the usual Halloween revelry. I don't know why I say 'usual' - I haven't partaken in Halloween revelry since college, really, at least not on Halloween night. But anyway, I slogged, then came home, and now I'm going to bed. The week's already half over, which is unbelievable. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can jou please update this????