Monday, November 12, 2007

love will lead us

I can't write for more than a minute or so - I need to be at work at eight a.m. for a meeting with the VP of my department, so I suppose I can't be late. The weekend was decent, except for the fact that I had a splitting headache all day yesterday - I had intended to work yesterday so that I could not work today, but instead I just had breakfast at Mike's, then generally moped around. Luckily, my head recovered sufficiently for me to drive up to the evil city, where (after fighting traffic in the rain and getting rather lost) I had dinner with Heather, Salim, Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan. We went out for drinks after as well, which for me consisted of a few sips of a really disgusting caipirinha - it's supposed to be cachaca or rum with lime and sugar, but in this case, it was really just rum. Ugh. Not only was it not good, but drinking it would have rendered me unable to drive home, so I just posed with it. It was great to see my friends, though - it's hard to believe it's been over two years since I came home from Hellabad, isn't it?

Today, I woke up late, and then saw 'The Darjeeling Limited' for the second time, this time with Vidya and Oniel. I was pleased that they seemed to like it, and we generally had a good time. They came back to my apartment for a bit, where Vidya and I had tea and Oniel had a coke, and we had a lovely and pleasant discussion until Vidya called Oniel 'Fauxneil', which he doesn't like, and so he stole her shoe as he left. However, he left it in the mailbox, so all was well. Then, Vidya and I watched 'The Office' before she went off to a barbecue - I was quite happy to stay behind, given it was dark and cold, which is not a good condition for a barbecue.

Tonight, I finally got down to the work I'd been avoiding all weekend around 9:30pm, and I worked until now. And now, it's definitely time to go to bed - this week is going to be brutal, as usual, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

j.hughes said...

Hi Sara, I was wondering if you could do a favor for me. I currently have a blog, but I want to change the name; unfortunately the name is 'wampwamp', but upon trying it, I noticed it was already in use. After noticing you moved blogs, I was wondering if you could remove that blog so that I could use the domain name. Sorry to use a comment like this, but it was the only way I could contact you. If you could please get back to me at http://s-n-s-l.blogspot.com, it'd be much appreciated. Or if you prefer e-mail, it's justinhughes2@gmail.com. Thanks and good luck blogging!!