Sunday, May 03, 2009

stomp it to my beat

I am totally wiped out after one of the more productive Sundays in recent memory. My hermitage is paying off; I finished edits on AN INCONVENIENT MARRIAGE, researched which agents to target next, updated my agent tracking spreadsheet, and sent new query letters. I also went to the gym, cleaned my kitchen after last night's cooking, talked to my parents and my brother (who remains convinced that my core is evil after I asked why some of my grandmother's neighbors are still alive -- more to the point, what are they doing operating a tractor at the age of ninety, since they called looking for my father to help them pull it out of the mud, but apparently this was Exhibit A in my brother's latest case against my cold heart), ate some delicious chicken tortilla soup, caught up on almost all of my work email in preparation for the week ahead, and painted my fingernails a lovely muted rose while watching an episode of Craig to unwind at the end of the day.

I'm tired just typing all of that, but there's no rest for the wicked. Work promises to be busy this week since I have to write a dozen performance reviews on top of my regularly scheduled activities, but I don't want to lose momentum -- while I wait for the rejections to start rolling in from my latest round of queries, I'm jumping headfirst into Madeleine and Ferguson's story. And before you think that today was a total hermit move, I must confess that I did spend the afternoon working on the book and query letters at Leland Tea Company with Adit -- with Adit's occasional mutterings of "stupid", his attempts to convince me that Nickelback is a group of child molesters and date rapists, and the proprietor's v. friendly conversational overtures, I still felt like I socialized even if my particular form of socializing is far from normal.

Okay, bedtime -- and let's see if I can get up in time to write before work tomorrow. I think my chances are 50/50 -- the will is strong, but the flesh and the ability to keep myself from hitting snooze is oh so weak. Goodnight!

No comments: