Wednesday, May 06, 2009

whether your girl look like a minga or a supermodel

I'm really not exactly sure what kind of mood I'm in! If I were a mixed drink, perhaps I would be "contentment with a twist of annoyance", or "happiness on the rocks with salt in the wounds". Actually, we all know that I would be cheap rum, a fresh blueberry, and some black food coloring, but I prefer to be more dramatic than that.

Today was okay, albeit not perfect; I did have lunch with Katrina and Adit, which was nice even if it did serve to keep my annoyance (at tings, not at people) at a high simmer. I also refrained from strangling anyone, which I took to be a good sign. Then, I came home, ate some Amy's enchiladas (man I love those things, even if they are frozen), and worked from 8pm until now on stuff I should have done a month ago. It's too bad that I still have way too many of those tasks on my plate, with several deadlines looming -- all I really want to do is get back to Madeleine and Ferguson. But that's overstating things; while I supposedly only want to write, I also want to eat, and travel, and buy clothes, and blow money on makeup, so finding the balance between my writing dreams and my actually interesting and worthwhile day job is a challenge.

No more thinking though; I already wrote in the romance blog, so this is enough blogging for one night. I maintain high hopes that I will be able to write this weekend, but I can't make any guarantees -- I may just need a break, although I will likely refuse to take one. Goodnight!

No comments: