Friday, May 22, 2009

won't sign away my life to someone who got the flavor but don't have no follow-through

Thanks to all of you who have wished me well, either in comments on the blog or in emails/calls. I've realized over the course of the past couple of months that I haven't gotten as involved in the online writer communities as some authors have because I have a genuinely supportive group of friends and family -- which, given the absurdity of my dream, is something very special, so thank you!

More progress today -- last night, I emailed the three agents who had parts of my book to let them know I'd received an offer of representation. All three emailed me back this morning to say they were still interested and would read my book this weekend . I'm not going to go into any more detail than that in case any of them stumble across this, but I'm so lucky -- these are some great agents, all of whom were at the top of my list considering that I just started querying, and I would be happy to sign with any of them. At this point, it will come down to who I click best with (and whether any of the others actually formally offer representation, of course).

So, that was all very exciting! The day job was fine; I got there at seven and slogged until five-thirty, and somehow managed to make it home without falling asleep. I talked to my parents, ate some frozen enchiladas, played with Wikipedia, and now I'm going to bed. I would love to be out celebrating, but while the heart is willing, the flesh is oh-so-tired. There's plenty of time for celebrating this weekend, when I'm not considering how to approach my conversations with agents and getting ready to go to Ann Arbor. Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone!

No comments: