Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mission:volcano

We're about twenty minutes away from the start of boarding, and it's looking like we're going to make it despite the wrath of Iceland! I'm arriving in London at 10am Wednesday London time, and then I'm working all afternoon. At this point I'll be in London for a little less than 48 hours before leaving for Paris, but that just makes this all more entertaining, right?

Today was a lovely (although slightly less lovely than yesterday) day -- I went into the office and worked for a few hours, slogging through various tings and having lunch with Katrina before leaving to rendezvous with Vidya (aka Vidius Chandicus). We tried to grab coffee but failed, and instead went to Baja Fresh (terrible idea, even though I love the place) before picking her stuff up at Indhika's and going back to my hotel to retrieve the rental car. I insisted on going to the airport absurdly early because of the fear of traffic + returning the car + terrible security lines, but as it turns out, everything went perfectly smoothly, which meant I had 90mins to kill before my flight even starts boarding. I killed it by doing a bit more work and talking to my parents, and now I have about fifteen minutes before boarding starts.

While I wish that I would have made it to London as originally scheduled, it was v. nice to be stranded with the likes of Vidya, Ritu, Katrina, Adit, Priyanka, etc.; the last two days were v. unexpected, but I had tons of fun. This wedding feels like it's lasted forever, and while I wish the fun could continue, I'm looking forward to sleeping on the plane. But now, I'm going to grab a bottle of water and wash my face before boarding. When I write next, I will be in London!

No comments: