Friday, May 07, 2010

i'm gonna rock you like a baby while the cities fall

Oddly enough, I don't seem to have procrastinated as badly as usual with this move -- it's nine hours before the movers are supposed to show up, and I'm basically done. This is a far cry from my usual moves, and means that I'll get seven hours of sleep tonight (I still have to get up at a reasonably early hour, because the remaining tasks can't be done until I'm done with the bathroom, and I realized I should probably find some breakfast before the movers arrive since I have no food in the house and I may not get a break for lunch).

Even though most of my stuff is in storage, the amount of stuff that I have in the apartment is probably as much as most people actually do have in total -- it's almost embarrassing. But, I like my stuff, and I'm really excited about moving into my new place and getting everything unpacked again. I can't spend the whole weekend playing with my new place, though. I'm going to go to the monthly meeting of the San Francisco romance chapter on Saturday morning, and then I'm going to come back to this apartment to clean it all afternoon. I was going to hire a cleaner, but most of them don't seem to work weekends (or are booked), and I don't have time at the day job to disappear for hours on end next week, since I'm leaving on Thursday for Adit's wedding. But, cleaning shouldn't take a terribly long time since there is no furniture to clean/dust, and then I'll be done until I turn the keys in on Tuesday.

And now, I should enjoy my last night in this apartment, and in this city, by promptly sleeping through it. At least when I'm asleep I don't realize that I feel itchy; I knew I was sunburned from Cancun, but I had no idea how bad it was. My legs were what hurt the most in Cancun, and ironically they seem mostly fine. But my shoulders and upper arms are either a) peeling dramatically or b) like my knees, covered in tiny blisters that sometimes pop when I scratch them, spreading blister fluid around and making me wonder if I'm going to inadvertently infect them because I'm scratching with nails that have seen better days after my packing escapades. I know, that was probably all TMI, but it's such a weird sunburn that I had to share in case it turns out to be some version of smallpox (although it would have to be a miniscule version, since the blisters are barely visible).

Wish me luck tomorrow -- I'll try to get unpacked before I go to the wedding so that I can post pictures of the new place. Goodnight!

No comments: