Tuesday, May 11, 2010

in the end it doesn't even matter

This is a four-minute post. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get on a plane Thursday morning for a two-and-a-half-week trip without forgetting something vital, but I'm going to have to slog through it. Unfortunately I'm not nearly as unpacked as I would like to be, although I did unpack my desk accoutrements and do a load of laundry -- but I've just got to accept that I'm going to come home from Europe to a messy house, and that I will only have a handful of days to put it together before I leave for Japan anyway.

Today was fine, although not particularly exciting; the most exciting thing was that I was able to wake up at seven, have a cup of tea at my desk at home while checking email, and still make it into the office by 8:30. Granted, I did wake up at six to register for an appointment with an editor at the romance conference (the registration for my group opened at eight a.m. CDT; unfortunately we were the second group eligible to register for appointments, so my first-choice editor was taken, but I got my second choice and promptly went back to sleep). But, overall, the commute is making me oh-so-happy.

Despite that, I still ended up driving to and from the city today, so that I could turn in the keys in Adit's absence. But, since I drove up and back over lunch, traffic wasn't bad, and when I got back to the south bay, I got a pedicure while answering email (the joys of an always-connected laptop + satellite card), then came home and did some more work before slogging around the house all evening. And now my four minutes are up -- it may be insane to try to wake up tomorrow to write in addition to everything else that's going on, but I'm going to try. Goodnight!

No comments: