Thursday, May 06, 2010

as michael jackson would say, 'i'm starting with the man in the mirror'

Adit is gone for good. That's the only thing that matters today...after a brutal slog at work, a long commute home (after suboptimally choosing every route from work to Menlo Park to pick up Adit, and from Menlo Park back to the evil city), some desultory packing of the kitchen, dinner with Adit, Chandlord, Anton, and Amanda at Little Star, and some more packing, Vidya and I took Adit to the Oakland (jhokeland) airport and left him there. He should be in the air on his way to DC now...and I am left with nothing but memories and a huge box of lentils that are waiting for Vidya to pick them up.

And on that note, I have nothing more to say; we didn't do a candle ceremony yet, so I will save my awkwardly heartfelt sentiments for that future occasion. It doesn't really feel real yet anyway, since I'm going to his wedding next week and he is planning to stop off in Iowa over 4th of July weekend, but I'm sure it will sink in at some point. But the eight a.m. meeting tomorrow morning and the fact that I still have a ton of packing to do is going to sink in a lot quicker, so sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" was on the radio the other day as I was driving down the road, and thanks to you I associate "the Cat" with "Adit" which really changed the entire song for me. Not for the better mind you...