Friday, May 07, 2010

the sound of settling

I'm utterly wiped out - but my move went as well as could possibly be expected,  and they didn't drop my big glass-doored library cabinet down the stairs, so I was quite pleased. I also got a ton of cleaning and household supplies at Target, got my utilities turned on, did two loads of laundry and one of dishes, made my bed, organized my living room furniture, etc.

I still have a ton to unpack, but I'm going to bed even though it's only 9:15. I'm getting up early tomorrow to go to Berkeley for a romance writers meeting, then going to the evil city to clean my old apartment,  so I will have at least half a good day tomorrow.

But despite the pain (and the fact that I'm typing this on my phone since I don't have internet yet), I'm excited about my place - I'm in desperate need of lamps, but I'm loving the house already. This despite the fact that I discovered a leak in the garage tonight, which doesn't affect me since I have no stuff there, but a couple of boxes belonging to the other tenant got wet. It's no Tennessee flood, but I sacrificed a couple if towels to try to stop the water from making more forward progress, left messages for the owner and the other tenant, and now just have to hope for the best.

But I don't have patience for more thumb typing -- goodnight!

No comments: