Tuesday, November 09, 2010

i've overcome the blow, i've learned to take it well

Yay for productivity! Because both of my dinner plans canceled on me (I doublebooked myself and said nothing to either party with the assumption that one of them would cancel, but I wasn't anticipating that both the Paradise Supper Club with John/Jess/Chandlord *and* dinner with the Heathers would both get axed) I had plenty of time tonight, and I put it to good use.

But first things first. I didn't get out of bed until ten, no doubt assisted by the fact that it was fifty-five degrees in my house when I woke up -- I really need to call my landlord and get him to fix the thermostat. After showering and shivering, I wrote for 45mins or so (mostly typing what I wrote out by hand last night), and then went to the gym, where I had a training session with Alyssa. Training was all good, and I left less sore than I arrived since she helped me to aggressively stretch the thigh and calf muscles that were tensed and rebellious after my last workout. I also left squeaky clean and smelling of their lovely Kiehl's shower products, which made me happy the rest of the day.

I came home for a bit, did about ninety minutes of work for the freelance project that is still going on (and which will require some more work first thing tomorrow), ran a couple of errands after discovering that dinners were canceled, and then came home, did a load of laundry, made dinner (chicken quesadilla, plus I chopped up some peppers and onions to freeze for later cooking endeavors), folded laundry, and settled down to write. The writing started off slow, with at least an hour of procrastination, but ultimately I wrote almost eight pages (again by hand). This included first drafts of a scene with Madeleine and the twins (who appear to have survived my characide and will live to see the final draft) and a scene where Madeleine's cousin/guardian confronts Ferguson at the club (where "the club" is a men's club in the classic sense, not either a "gentleman's club" replete with strippers or "da club" where you might find 50 Cent). So, that's great progress, and I just need to keep it up if I'm going to finish in time to enter the Golden Heart.

So now it's time for bed; I've realized that my goal to get up earlier only works if I set a commensurate goal to go to bed earlier, so midnight is my new cutoff. Goodnight!

No comments: