Monday, November 01, 2010

kiss me goodbye, i'm defying gravity

I'm exhausted, so I'm going to go to bed in hopes of getting up early tomorrow and writing. The "getting up early" plan didn't work so well this morning, since I shut the alarm off and then failed to get out of bed -- but the rest of the day went swimmingly. My friend Gyre referred a client to me who is interested in getting some help with developing web content, and so I spent my morning writing time reading his site and developing some recommendations so that I was prepped with the call that we're doing tomorrow. Hopefully it works out; the timing is a little funny since I wasn't intending to start looking for freelance work until early next year (and so have no website or invoices or anything), but it doesn't hurt to start building my portfolio now if the guy decides to go with me.

I had gone to Starbucks to write when I got the message from Gyre's referral, and I had to come home to work on that stuff because the internet at Starbucks was quite slow. Then I had a peanut butter sandwich (mmm) and went to the gym -- I must say that it's a bit weird to watch Food Network while exercising, but it worked for me today. After showering at the gym (heavenly, again), I spent some quality time at Happy Donuts, where I reread bits and pieces to start getting back into Madeleine and Ferguson's story. I'm trying to decide whether to enter the Golden Heart this fall; I've already paid the entrance fee, so I might as well. But finaling or winning again wouldn't really help me, and I think I'm stuck right now because I really need to be making the grand push to the finish line, but if I'm going to enter, I need to clean up the first half and get it to the beta readers asap. Decisions, decisions.

Tonight was paradise supper club night, which meant I met Chandlord, John and Jess at Chaat Paradise. I would like to claim that I still hate the place, but I sadly, regretfully love it. We ate approximately $8 of food apiece, which was plenty, but we were in the mood for dessert -- and somehow ended up at Burger King, where Chandlord had a shake and frieds, John had a double cheeseburger, and I had crown-shaped chicken tenders. It was quite a strange end to a strange dinner, which I rather appreciated.

I grabbed some milk at Whole Foods on the way home, and then settled in at home and answered some email before reading through all the information on candidates/ballot propositions for tomorrow's election. I think I know how I'm voting, but I'm feeling meh about all of it -- I'm heartily sick of politics and don't think anyone has the courage in either party to really fix anything (and by "fix anything" I mean "figure out how to balance budgets and live within our means"). But, I'll still hold my nose and vote tomorrow.

Now, I'm off to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: