Monday, November 08, 2010

is this in my head, i don't know what to think

I slept until eleven this morning, which was the equivalent of sleeping until noon if I had done this yesterday. My down comforter with the clean sheets I put on yesterday were just too inviting, and the sound of rain lashing against the roof only added to the effect. I did manage to drag myself up and out eventually, though, eating a bowl of cereal (I am such a culinary genius) before venturing out during a relative lull in the rain to make a return/pickup at Nordstrom (exchanging a nightgown I'd ordered online, since I was going for "old-fashioned" and this style was so old-fashioned that it seemed to fit like one of those cloth flour sacks from days of yore, for a sports bra and some leggings). I also went to the grocery store, where I stocked up on foodstuffs that will get me to make more than just cereal -- although considering that I had frozen enchiladas for dinner, perhaps I failed.

But more on that in a moment; I will proceed chronologically, as we're all accustomed to. When I got home, I made "pizza" with these thin bagels I found at the grocery store, some pizza sauce that comes in a squeeze bottle so that I can refrigerate it without it going bad as quickly as the canned stuff, and some mushrooms, olives and cheese. Delicious, and since it took about five minutes to prep, I was feeling very virtuous for cooking. Then, I called my parents and talked for approximately two hours -- with the election, there was a lot to catch up on, particularly since my dad is our party's county chair, and so he was at the courthouse until one a.m. on Tuesday while the returns were coming in. While I personally disagreed with the vote to toss out the supreme court justices over the gay marriage ruling, I was at least glad to hear that the mob didn't vote out all of the judges on the ballot; if that single act had wiped out half the judiciary, that would have been a nightmare.

After talking to my parents, I made an absolutely fantastic latte using the espresso maker they gave me for my birthday, and then did a fun project for my friend Jen. I had to spend an hour and a half working on that freelance project that I'm still wrapping up -- hopefully I'll finish it this week. Then I ate my enchiladas (I had intended to make pasta, but as it was suddenly eight p.m. and I was starving, I didn't do it) and finally wrote with the last gasp of my day, turning out about three handwritten pages since I was sick of looking at my laptop.

Tomorrow looks to be busy, since I have a training session at noon and dinner plans with the Heathers, but provided that I don't get distracted by the freelance project, I should have time to write. But to do that, I need to go to bed so that I don't oversleep again -- and hopefully my muscles will recover a bit more before I go to the gym tomorrow, or I'm going to be a v. sad panda. Goodnight!

P.S. Good luck to Drewbaby, my favorite (only) Wampler cousin, whose football team is playing in the state quarterfinals tomorrow! Kick it hard/high/straight/however you need to kick it to score (clearly I don't know the mechanics of field goals)!

No comments: