Monday, November 22, 2010

she's making sure she is not dreaming

I was embarrassingly lazy today -- I need to call my landlord about my heat situation if only so that I stop spending hours on end slouching in headache-inducing positions under the warmth of my spare down comforter. After staying up too late last night (and freaking myself out slightly with the possibility of getting killed in my little cabin in the woods, since it was raining quite hard and every scrape on my roof sounded like an intruder attempting to claw his way in, which I knew even at the time was rather improbably at best), and getting up to a v. cold house, I didn't crawl out of bed and turn on the heater until about noon. I might have just stayed in bed all day if Adit hadn't called, but since I had not talked to him in quite some time, I figured he merited some time. So I made myself some tea and curled up on the couch while we caught up, which felt almost like family time even though he's over three thousand miles away and so could not harangue me about the wampdevils that I need to swiffer up.

After we parted ways, I got dressed and went to downtown Palo Alto, where I had a late breakfast at Cafe Epi (the posher replacement for Fratelli Deli). I wrote a couple of pages of Madeleine and Ferguson's story while I was there, then came home with the intention of getting more done -- but first I called my parents and talked for over an hour, and then I went to the gym and did a combination of elliptical, treadmill, and foam rolling (which basically means "massaging"/torturing my muscles with a big cylinder of hard-packed foam in an effort to get them to loosen up). By the time I got back from the gym and ate dinner, it was after 8:30 -- and then I spent the rest of the evening procrastinating by catching up on a ton of romance business news and author blogs on Google Reader. I can justify this somewhat because I'm researching what I want my romance blog to be, since I have to redesign it for the class I'm taking -- but I really should have waited to do that until next week. Still, at least I wrote a few pages today, and tomorrow is gloriously empty (other than a training session with Alyssa at nine a.m., which at least means I will get out of bed at a more normal hour).

Since I have to get up at eight tomorrow, I'm going to bed right now rather than giving in to the temptation of writing until four -- goodnight!

No comments: