Thursday, August 04, 2011

i don't switch up i just laugh

I'm counting today as a positive disaster -- there were some rather negative aspects that are currently clouding my memories, but all in all, things went well. I'll get the negative out of the way right now: I didn't write anything (although I did do some brainstorming), and my ulcer friend is back and trying to eat through my stomach wall so that it can kill me (the fact that I'm anthropomorphizing my ulcer friend isn't worrisome at all, right?). The ulcer friend is much more negative than the writing, obvi; I thought that perhaps, perhaps it wasn't as bad as it had been when I was in Germany, but I pushed my luck tonight and ate meatloaf, and I spent the entire drive back to the city shifting around in pain and worrying that every cough (from the unrelated still-healing cold) was going to end in vomiting all over my dress. Yay.

Enough drama about my ulcer friend, though. As I said, the rest of the day was good. I trained with Alyssa, which was both good and bad; since I'm still recovering from a whole host of ailments, I think I'm running a slight, lowgrade fever, and the workout overheated me. Fifteen minutes in a cold shower solved that, though, and I took my time dolling myself up before going to Joanie's for lunch, since I thought I might be able to tolerate a salad (I was, which is why I got cocky and ate meatloaf later). I did some brainstorming there for zee gargoyles, so it was all v. nice and leisurely. Eventually, though, I took care of the errand that I was dreading and went to the AT&T store to beg for them to restore my unlimited data plan. As it turns out, it was the best customer service experience I've had in awhile; I didn't have to wait in line, they didn't argue with me about it at all, they switched it back immediately, and the rep even texted me an hour later to say that he'd checked the status in the system and it was all worked out. So yay for them -- if all their service was like that, they'd have a much different reputation these days.

After that errand, I sat in a parking lot and called United to fix the other debacle from yesterday. That woman was also v. nice, and fifteen minutes later, she was able to issue the ticket I was trying to purchase yesterday, so I was quite pleased. And then, I took care of some more stuff before heading over and picking up Irish Matt, who was in town for a few days and suggested that we get together. Longtime readers of this blog know that Irish Matt does not bring out the best of my temperance when it comes to drinking, but I managed to confined myself to two glasses of sauvignon blanc over four hours, which is pretty good for me when I'm hanging out with him. I took him to Cafe Borrone, and we spent some quality time sitting in the sun (well, the shade near the sun) on the patio, which was utterly lovely. Then, we walked across the street to the Oak City Grill, where I had my ill-fated matchup with a v. delicious beef/veal/pork meatloaf. I dropped him off at his hotel just before my stomach started hurting in earnest, which was perfect timing since I would have been v. poor company after that.

But, my stomach is feeling better than it was in the car; it's by no means perfect yet, but I'm sure sleep will help. Tomorrow it's back to my bread and water diet in an attempt to control the problem until my doctor's appointment on Tuesday -- I live such a wild and crazy life. Goodnight!

No comments: