Wednesday, August 10, 2011

beating like a drum and it's coming your way

No writing today, and I just stayed up way too late messing around with my website -- shame on me. But, the day wasn't a total wash. I made it down to the south bay in time to train with Alyssa, so that was lovely. Then, I visited my doctor about my stomach issues; she wasn't able to diagnose me completely, and so I'm going to get some bloodwork done tomorrow, but she went ahead and gave me more acid blockers since I'd responded well to that before. The sad news is that I'm supposed to stop all alcohol, caffeine, mint, chocolate, etc. for the next few weeks, which is going to make me v. grumpy indeed. But, if this is fixed just by taking an acid blocker for a few weeks while my stomach heals, I'll do it without complaining (too much).

After the doctor, I grabbed a quick lunch and drove down even further into the glorious south bay - past the point of glory, actually, since I was down somewhere around Los Gatos. My dentist is down there, and even though he's now over fifty miles from my new house, I'm staying loyal. So, I got my teeth cleaned, and a clean bill of health with no cavities for something like the fifteenth year in a row. Then, I made my way back up to the evil city, where I procrastinated a bit until Terry got home. Neither of us felt like cooking, so we went over to Unwind, which is a bar/food place a block away from us (we're so adventurous). We caught up over sandwiches, then came home and ended up watching Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", which was kind of hilarious. Then she went to bed and I worked on my consulting website until suddenly realizing that I needed to sleep if I had any hope of making it down to the glorious south bay in time to get to the lab tomorrow.

So that's life for today - I will endeavor to be more interesting tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your food and drink restrictions. I thought maybe I was developing an ulcer but the doc says my flora is just terribly out of whack, so I am taking good old tetanus orally, yes that tetanus, to kill off some really vile flora and give the good flora a chance. Meanwhile sweet corn "cucumbers and onions salad";BBQ, hot mex; hot chinese;alcohol etc are on the banned list. Slater