Wednesday, August 17, 2011

i just came to say hello

Today was much more productive than yesterday; I still didn't write a single word of the non-gargoyle YA book, but at least I didn't spend five hours playing online games. I made it down to the south bay in time to train Alyssa (well, mostly on time; getting out of the city was rough), who was in fine form. Then, I showered, grabbed a salad at Joanie's Cafe, and went to Borders to peruse the latest round of discounts. While I scored some great deals and walked away with eighteen books (a strange mishmash of YA, romance, and writing books), I'm not sure I'll go back -- it's just too depressing picking over the rotting carcass of my favorite bookstore.

After Borders, I drove back to the evil city, stopped at the grocery store to stock up on real food rather than the stuff I served at my dinner party last night, came home, and called my parents. I also spent some time researching yoga studios in my effort to check another thing off my list of activities that will turn me into a vile Marina yuppie, so I may go to one of them tomorrow depending on much I hate my soul and want to destroy it. And I'm not going to lie, I played a bit online, but it was nothing like yesterday. Terry showed up sometime, and we watched an episode of "Bones" and last week's "Project Runway" before I decided I'd had enough tv and came upstairs. I spent the last couple of hours preparing for a call that I have tomorrow -- I don't have 'calls' anymore like I did at work, but since I'm planning next year's awards ceremony at the romance writers convention, I'm going to have some calls this year to discuss it. The first one is tomorrow, and I think I'm prepped for it, but we'll see how it goes.

And now, I should go to bed; even if I do have a call and the possibility of yoga tomorrow, I need to get myself back in gear and create some serious wordcount for my novel. Goodnight!

No comments: