Sunday, August 14, 2011

to the window, to the wall

I am high on life (read: drunk on wine), tired, and about to sleep on Adit and Priyanka's daybed. I could have slept in their guest room, but Chris and Connie are already asleep there, so I will have to make do.

Sssanyway, I only slept a few hours last night before waking up and going to Berkeley for the monthly romance writers meeting. the meeting was great, all about professionalism in one's writing career (which I'm guessing does not count ignoring an ulcer to get drunk and then blog, but I digress). My friend Becky came to the meeting, we stayed for a great lunch afterward, and I v. stupidly voluntereed to be the VP of programs next year, because I'm a sucker for punishment.

After the meeting, I drove home, which took 75mins due to ridiculous traffic on the bay bridge, and then came to Adit's to help him cook since Priyanka was still sleeping. We made risotto and a pesto pasta, and Priyanka woke up in time to fry some pakoras. Tom, Julie, their former roommate, Chris, Connie, and another one of adit's friends showed up over the next couple of hours, and we had an extended dinner party (wrapping up with a giant Mrs. Fields cookie that Chris had inscribed with "bite me koolwal", ha). Eventually, we relocated to Dolores Park, where we saw a free outdoor screening of Jaws. And then we lost Chris and Connie to blissful slumber while the rest of us went to a bar and had far more alcohol than was advisable. We lost Tom and Julie at the bar, but Adit, Priyanka and I then went to a diner and tried to stave off hangovers with fried breakfast food (I anticipate no success). And now I'm staying the night rather than trying to find a taxi home, so hopefully I sleep okay despite my sins. Goodnight!

No comments: