Wednesday, August 24, 2011

let it rain over me

Be forewarned that I'm in a rather foul mood -- sometime around three or four a.m. last night, I woke up because I somehow tweaked my neck in my sleep and was in serious pain every time I moved my head. Needless to say, I slept rather fitfully after that, and my fitful slumber was not helped by the first sunny morning we've had in the Marina in a couple of weeks. My neck hasn't really stopped hurting since then, despite my attempts to treat it with Tylenol (since I don't want to take my preferred Aleve because NSAID pain relievers are possible causes of ulcers) and a heating pad (which I have because I'm prematurely embracing an octogenarian lifestyle). It's better than it was when it first happened, but it's by no means good, and it pretty much scotched my ability to do half of what I intended to do today.

Someday, hopefully, I'll stop regaling you with tales of my health woes, but it seems appropriate for an old-before-her-time hermit with grandpa eyebrows. Beyond the neck pain, though, the rest of my day was fine. I didn't hang any artwork like I had intended since I didn't feel capable of wielding a hammer, but I did unpack from my Germany trip, do two loads of laundry, and get my room as close to finished as I could. I need to carry one box and a bunch of trash/recycling downstairs, and at some point I need to hang some art, but my room looks really good. I didn't write today, but I spent much of the time that I was putzing around the apartment daydreaming about my characters. I even downloaded a collage app for my iPad and started downloading photos and images that remind me of my heroine so that I can make some visual collages of who she is -- it's not something I've really had the patience for before, but the app is extremely slick and I think it will work well for me. I also reorganized my writing notebooks in preparation for my trip home, so hopefully I can get packed tomorrow.

And so, that's all. I saw Terry briefly tonight, but since she was in about the same mood that I was, we were not particularly jovial company. And now, I should go to bed; I'm supposed to train with Alyssa tomorrow, but if my neck still hurts in the morning, I don't think sitting in the car for two hours (and not being able to check my blindspots) is a good idea. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: