Thursday, August 04, 2011

grave digger

It was another productive day; I fell approximately one hundred words short of my daily goal, but I'm going to let it slide in the interest of getting some sleep, and will plan to make it up tomorrow. I made it out the door a little before ten and spent a couple of hours at La Boulange, where I ate some v. bland bread-type breakfast in the interest of nursing my ulcer whilst writing some of zee gargoyle romance novel. I came home because I wanted to sit in the comfort of my own home while finishing up my writing goal, but when I got here, I discovered that the Nexus S phone was free for today only. After researching my options online, I realized that I needed to go into a Best Buy store to buy it if I wanted to keep my unlimited data plan, since I couldn't keep it by ordering online. I also discovered that the only store in my general vicinity with phones in stock was in Marin. So, I drove over the Golden Gate Bridge, spent an hour in the Best Buy in Marin, and walked out with a sleek new phone. Of course, the rep fucked it up and somehow gave me only 2Gb of data with an 'upgrade' to 1000 texts/month, which is why my bill was the same price as it had been before (which is the only number he gave me to verify that I was still paying the same amount/supposedly getting the same service). So, I'll have to call AT&T tomorrow, but at least the phone is sweet.

I swung by the grocery store on the way home to buy more bland bread products, then spent the late afternoon on the phone with United buying a ticket home in August (and that rep seems to have fucked up as well, given that after twenty minutes on the phone, the reservation in my account says it's "on hold - purchase by 11:59pm EDT on August 4" - so I get to call United sometime before/after I call AT&T tomorrow). I did a bit more writing as well, but I threw in the towel when Terry came home, and I sincerely hope I dream up a plot for the next chapter tonight, since I have no idea what happens next. When Terry got home, we drank some wine (prob a bad idea, but my ulcer isn't officially diagnosed), watched another episode of Craig in Paris (love!), and watched an episode of Bones.

All in all, it was shaping up to be a quiet night, and I was about to knock out the last hundred words of my daily goal when Adit called, asking if I was going to Julie's birthday party. I wasn't super psyched about leaving the house, as evidenced by the fact I'd been in my pajamas since four p.m., but while Terry went to bed (lucky girl), I rallied, threw on some clothes, and grabbed a cab (see: earlier wine consumption) to Julie/Tom/Rat's place. There were ~14 people there, but it was quite lowkey, particularly for them. Chandlord showed up as well, and a v. good time was had by all, with a lot of talk of a lot of topics that I shall not repeat here. Adit, Chandlord and I left sometime after midnight and got pizza (mistake: I was quite hungry, given my half-starved day, but my ulcer friend didn't like pizza), and then I took a cab back to the foggy Marina.

And now, I should sleep; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow, I have several annoying calls/errands to make, and then I'm writing somewhere in the glorious south bay so that I can be productive before my dinner plans down there. Goodnight!

No comments: