Tuesday, August 16, 2011

kiss me til you're drunk and i'll show you

I am horribly ashamed of myself today - I started off with all these great intentions, and then I got sucked into the online ripoff equivalent of "Civilization" on Google+ and wasted several hours. I've been craving a good game of Civilization (I should be ashamed to admit this, but if you've read any entries over the past eight or nine years, you know that I'm a dork), but the latest Civ apparently doesn't work well on a mac, so I've never bought it. I got way more into this online thing than I had any reason to, though, particularly since it's not nearly as strategic and involved as Civilization (which may be a good thing).

Suffice it to say that while I did stop long enough to go downstairs, clean the kitchen, and eat the leftover half of my burrito last night, I didn't really pull myself out of my stupor until 3:30. At that point, it was imperative for me to shower, go to the grocery store, and start preparing for the dinner party I threw tonight. As it turns out, I made way too much food, as always, although I blame this miscalculation on the fact that Adit didn't show up and neither Tom nor Julie ate much because they'd both stayed home sick today. But, Priyanka, Tom, and Julie came over, and Terry ate with us, so it was still quite fun despite the disasters. I made my old, easy standbys - caprese salad with those awesome roasted tomatoes, truffle butter pasta, and strawberry shortcake - and the evening overall was a success.

And now, I must do whatever it takes to keep from wasting hours on online games; I'd managed not to play a single game on Facebook, and now suddenly I'm exactly what I snubbed before (which is pretty much the story of my life). I have to go to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa tomorrow, but I have grand plans to come back early and write like made tomorrow -- we'll see how much I get done. Goodnight!

No comments: