Thursday, August 18, 2011

salaam namaste

I had a lovely day, even though I only wrote two pages -- but since those two pages were written with a fountain pen filled with Noodler's Widowmaker ink (Noodler's is the brand; Widowmaker is an awesome bloody red), it really felt like so much more. I got up in time for a conference call, which was the first one I've had in months and months. Since I agreed to plan the awards ceremony for next year's romance convention, I anticipate that I will have many more such calls in the next few months. The call was good, but it lasted an hour, and then I spent another hour and a half typing up my notes, putting together an email welcoming the committee to their new responsibilities, etc. Ah, the joys of work.

When I finished, I had just enough time to grab some water, a towel, and the yoga mat I bought yesterday before walking up the block to try yoga for the first time. Alyssa (aka the devil who tortures me) has told me multiple times that I should try yoga to improve my flexibility, and I finally gave in since there are many yoga studios in my neighborhood (since that's what Marina people do). This studio was quite nice; it's very small and intimate, and there were only eight people in the 12pm class, which was perfect. I had no idea what I was doing on a lot of it, and no fancy yoga mat could make up for how much I was sweating (although now I understand why people buy Lululemon yoga gear, if they think it will help), but I actually rather enjoyed it. Things I Hated and Now Love - 5328, Sara - 0. The intro deal was 3 sessions in the next ten days for $10, so I'll try to go a couple more times before heading back to Iowa next week, but since it's seriously one block away and not crowded at noon, I don't think going will be too much of a sacrifice.

After yoga, though, I basically collapsed on the couch and played with my ipad for an hour or two. I finally showered, sat down at my desk, took care of some more stuff, attempted to buckle down, and daydreamed about my book for awhile. I finally wrote my two pages, and the fact that the ink looked like my own blood was appropriate for how hard it's been to get the words out on this scene. Terry came home around seven and neither of us wanted to cook, so we went to Perry's, which is a restaurant a couple of blocks away that made me a mean grilled chicken BLT. When we got home, I typed up the pages that I'd written earlier, took care of some other stuff, checked in (briefly!) on my online game world, and should now consider sleep. I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow, which could either be great or terrible depending on how I feel post-yoga -- we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: