Monday, June 11, 2012

you'll be wrapped around my finger

I need to get off my laptop; I should have tried writing longhand today, but typing is faster, so I kept trying to make progress on my laptop when I would have been better off abandoning it. I wrote four pages, which isn't terrible -- but it's terrible if you're trying to write a book in the next month. Ha.

Anyway, I wasn't entirely unproductive; I exchanged some emails with my agent, wrote a guest blog post for someone, made myself a new Tumblr blog (http://regencyworldproblems.tumblr.com/), spent quite a bit of time looking at stock photography for the cover I need to get made for Prudence's book, and started researching how to make and edit ebooks so that I can take over that process myself rather than paying someone to do it. This isn't theoretically necessary until I actually finish Ellie and Nick, but I want to go back and update the original files for HEIRESS and SCOTSMEN to include buy links to each other, better links to my website and newsletter, etc., and if I want to make those updates regularly, I should just bite the bullet and learn formatting.

So, that's all v. boring to you. Sorry. I'm going to go to bed, and focus on writing rather than marketing tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: