Saturday, June 16, 2012

i don't mind if you don't mind

The less said about Nick and Ellie, the better. That leaves v. little else to talk about, though...hmm. I woke up this morning, showered, made a hamburger for breakfast (odd choice, I know, but I had to use that package of hamburger before it went bad and it's too hot for the chili I intended to make), and then loaded up on coffee and drove to Oakland (hiss) to pick up those excerpt booklets that I spent so much time designing a couple of weeks ago. This project continues to be a complete annoyance; we ordered it to have me pick them up to save us $200 on the initial shipping costs, but now I have to split everything up and mail it to the other people who participated. It turns out that 2500 booklets = 17 boxes, each weighing at least 25lbs - ew. But the booklets look nice, and I think they'll be a great giveaway, so here's hoping it's worth all the annoyance I've suffered as a result.

After I got back from Oakland, I ignored Terry's blandishments about the lovely weather and forced myself to do some work. Unfortunately, I'm still up against the wall on Nick and Ellie; I think I had some breakthroughs this afternoon, but all the words I wrote were more exploratory than actual story. So, I finally threw in the towel, got drunk, and watched the US Open. Okay, I didn't get drunk - I had two mojitos (I've learned to make a v. good mojito, if I do say so myself), but it was still enough to be nice and buzzed. Then, Terry and I filmed 2/3s of the script for my next "Sh*t Romance Writers Say" video, which I'm hoping to get out before I go to my romance convention in Denver next week. And then I did a bit of brainstorming/work until now, but I really should go to sleep or something so that I can accomplish lots of stuff tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: