Friday, June 22, 2012

i'm wide awake

That's a lie - I'm actually desperately exhausted and need to go to sleep immediately if I'm going to make it to the hotel for the keynote kickoff of the conference tomorrow morning. Suffice it to say that I had an excellent, albeit lowkey, first day in Denver; Terry was kind enough to take me to the airport at 5:30am, and I successfully checked two 50lb bags for a four-day trip (in my defense, at least 55lb of that was books, excerpt books, trading cards, bookmarks, candy, etc. to be given away). When I got to Denver, I got my car, went to the hotel to scope it out, had lunch and then worked at Starbucks for a couple of hours, went back to the hotel and stuffed conference goody bags as a random favor since I had time to kill and they were way behind, and then escaped Romancelandia to see Katie and James.

We went out for dinner, which was lovely, and then hung out afterward, which continued to be lovely. Since everything we talked about was prefaced with "Don't tell anybody, but...", consider the topic closed. And now I'm sleeping in their guest room, although I will relocate to the hotel for the next two nights to be closer to the action.

But now, I really must sleep; if you want more details, check out zee romance blog (linked above), since I wrote up some stuff there about the cover model photo shoot that I crashed. Goodnight!

No comments: