Saturday, June 30, 2012

we found love in a hopeless place

Not enough writing happened today, and yet I feel like I worked all day - and not just because my neck and shoulders feel like I was out pulling a plow like a peasant. I spent the day taking care of a wide variety of promo stuff - mostly getting a contest ready to go for my romance website and prepping an email to send out to my reader mailing list (now scheduled for tomorrow morning) to spur interest in the recently-discounted first book in my series. Promo is all v. important, of course, particularly if I want this experiment to be successful - but tomorrow I'm going to have to ignore promo no matter how appealing it is and rewrite Ellie's first scene whether I want to or not.

But the work that I did do was all necessary, and I feel good about it, so there. I also went to the pharmacy to refill a prescription, then went to UPS to pick up some shoes that they failed to deliver to me (verdict: they're closer to orthotics than anything I've bought before, but given that my back is falling apart, perhaps it's time; they're cute, but they might be a wee bit too big, so we'll see). I also made some chili for supper so that I'm all stocked up for a marathon writing weekend - Terry knew without being told what I'm up to this weekend, since she saw the twelve-pack of Diet Mountain Dew that I smuggled upstairs past the judging eyes of my Whole Foods-ish neighbors. And we watched last night's men's gymnastics trials; since it's not the official start of the Olympics yet, she's still allowed to fast forward through the bulk of the color commentary, but she knows, to her deep and abiding horror, that I'm going to make her sit through every last bit of it during the Olympics themselves. Poor thing.

And now I must go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: