Monday, July 22, 2013

the city by the bay, the city that rocks, the city that never sleeps

I am home, yay. Sadly, I got home later than I had hoped because there was an inconveniently-timed thunderstorm in Atlanta that led to us sitting on the runway for an hour and a half. But I was in the door just after ten p.m., so I suppose it's all good.

And the conference itself was awesome - it's going to be hard to go back to the day job tomorrow when my mind is furiously thinking through all the million and one things I want to do with my writing career. I'm sure I'll be able to focus once I get in...but I have to say, again, ad nauseum, that I'm feeling v. inspired. Also, I'm feeling slightly hungover; drinking water for a few days is probably just as important as fixing my metadata.

Anyway, today was good; I woke up at 9:45, showered, finished packing, checked out of my room, and ran into Courtney at the reception desk. We discovered that we both had six p.m. flights, so we had breakfast together at the hotel, then shared a taxi to the airport, then wrote for a couple of hours before having sushi at the awesome sushi place where I said goodbye to Ritu and Bill after Puerto Rico a few months ago. So, it was fun to have someone to share my halfway lazy day with. But once I got on the plane (and once we were in the air), I was mostly productive; I made a few pages of notes about what's working (or, more accurately, not working) with Prudence, and then I paid for internet and answered a whole bunch of four-month-old email for my Sara Ramsey account. If you have a four-month-old email sitting in my personal inbox, perhaps your time will also come before my desire to answer email wanes again, but it might already be gone, so don't hold your breath. Sorry that I'm terrible.

And now, I must sleep, so that I can confront my work inbox in the morning (and hopefully just delete all of it and start over). Goodnight!

No comments: