Monday, July 01, 2013

and then you'd lie with me til i fall asleep

My angst is high and my productivity is low. I suppose that's not entirely fair; I got enough done at work that I'm not totally embarrassed with myself, and I wrote about five pages tonight. But they were five hard-won pages, bled out onto paper in longhand with ink that really does look like fresh blood. And while I didn't want to strangle anyone at work today, I spent my commute napping (don't worry, I was on the bus) and daydreaming of moving to Russian River. And MARQUESS continues to get hideously uneven reviews (some are amazing, but my latest negative review said "this author is getting worse and worse" - tanks), which doesn't really help my productivity or my self-confidence, and just contributes to the feeling that I should scrap my romance career and write something that better fits the kinds of stories I want to tell, even if that's a ridiculously over-the-top overreaction to a couple of negative reviews.

Not that I should be blogging about my reviews at all, so please don't start an online lynch mob against the reviewers, since that would ruin my career. Not that you would, since there are a) approximately five of you and b) you all seem like rational, well-tempered people who don't have the time or energy to go after strangers online. And that's why I love you.

sssanyway, at least I was able to write *something* tonight, which is better than I was able to do last night, so I'll take it. I'm trying to pull myself out of my funk before the long weekend, since I want to make serious progress on Alex and Prudence while also getting ready to go to Atlanta in a couple of weeks...but we shall see. And now I shall go to bed before I get any whinier - goodnight!

No comments: