Thursday, July 11, 2013

they say the nile used to run from east to west

I should have gone to bed ages ago, but it was hard to go to bed early when I was in the office until 9:40pm. Ugh. It wasn't all bad; I got to the office at eight(ish), slogged all day, but then drove home at 3:30 so that I could work from home for a couple of hours before going into the SF office for a nighttime meeting. The drive home was uneventful, and then I had a 5pm meeting with my boss, followed by the need to send various emails and tings. So I did that, then went to Roam and attempted to write while eating, but I think I wrote about twenty words. Not a great performance on my part, but I probably needed a break. Then I went to the office, spent an hour sitting in a meeting where I could only present for a minute and a half (luckily I got some other work done on the side), and then came home and worked for another hour and a half. Glamorous, I know.

And that, my friends, is all. My apparent workaholic relapse aside, my job is usually pretty manageable; I'm just trying to get stuff squared away before I go to Atlanta, and besides, I feel like I'm always behind. But now I know why I'm always behind - in the last four months, there have only been three weeks where I worked a full five days (including this week). Hahahahaha. Between business trips, personal trips, corporate holidays, and bronchitis, it's been rare for me to be around a full week - and so it's little wonder I feel like I'm behind, since I'm doing a full-time job in ~30hrs/wk in the office. This is something I need to reconsider for the future, I think.

But I digress. I need to go to bed asap because I'm meeting up with my writer friend at 7am (stupid), then going to work and slogging all day. Wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: