Friday, July 05, 2013

take my breath away

I'm way too tired to still be up, but I had a v. lovely day. I slept until eight, then went back to bed and slept again, fitfully, until 10:30ish. Then I got ready, took care of some tings around the house, and drove down to the glorious south bay, where I spent the day with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and Salim. Durand and his boyfriend were there too, and the five of us ate, drank, and watched "Steel Magnolias" (I cried). Durand and John left after that, but Heather, Salim and I immediately watched "Top Gun", since apparently watching those two movies is their 4th of July tradition. I cried during "Top Gun" as well, which astounded them, but I'm purposefully just relieved to discover that I can still feel emotion for things that aren't vampire erotica.

Sadly, I decided to leave them rather than spending the night, so I came home and am now going to go to bed. Tomorrow must contain all the writing - wish me luck!

No comments: