Sunday, October 02, 2016

every rose has its thorn

Still in Iowa, still sick. Today was pretty uneventful - I had breakfast, talked to the parents, messed around with my planner, showered, and then spent the afternoon hanging out with family. It was a grey, gloomy day in Iowa, but it was still warm enough to sit out on the back porch while talking to the parents (my mom was gardening and my dad was smoking a five-pound chunk of New York strip, which turned out to be super delicious). Also, Uncle Mark came down, so we spent some quality time with him.

Eventually, it was time for supper - which, as I mentioned, was delish. The smoked meat was perfect, and we had baked potatoes (which are always perfect), and my mom made baked apples for dessert (basically just like apple crisp, but without the crisp - all the taste, none of the gluten). Then, I watched "Scorpion", took a bit of a nap, watched the end of a "48 Hours: Mystery" (I hate that show), and then came downstairs. I was kind of planning to read and go to bed then, but instead I spent the last four hours talking to [censored] about a variety of [censored] topics.

Now, though, I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: