Friday, October 21, 2016

can you read my mind

I'm thoroughly exhausted after getting approximately five hours of sleep last night and driving to Tahoe today - but despite my exhaustion levels (and the fact that I'm trying to go to bed by ten p.m., which is unheard of), today was still lovely. I woke up and scurried around like a madwoman trying to get my apartment in order and get myself packed up to go to Tahoe, which resulted in me leaving 45mins later than planned - but as there was no real set schedule for the day, that was fine, I guess. Also, I ate chicken and sweet potatoes for breakfast because I didn't want to cook anything and still had some left over - you do not care about this, but I'm writing it as a note to myself that chicken and sweet potatoes for breakfast are actually really good.

Then, I drove to Mill Valley and picked up Grace - we rode up to Tahoe together, and I was thrilled to have her to myself for a few hours. Somehow, the trips always work out so that we have at least one long drive together, and this one was perfect. We had tons to catch up on and we talked all the way to Tahoe, with a stop in Placerville to enjoy our traditional In-n-Out lunch. We got up here around 2:45; Anne and Barbara were already here, so we hung out with them and waited for the other Barbara and Christie to show up (in an uber from the Reno airport, since they had to fly in). Then we settled our room assignments (I'm in the second house, but I have the master bedroom, which is possibly bigger than my apartment...and now that I've said that, I'm actually super depressed), and we went to the grocery store and stocked up on some stuff.

We then spent the evening talking goals and publishing and life, and eating takeout pizza, and it was all as wonderful as it always is. But now I'm so tired that I'm taking the extremely unusual step of going to bed early - I'm determined to write tons on this trip, and that means resting now so I can hit the grind hard tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: